Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator, Academic Edition, 2nd Edition
- Your Price: $128.00
- List Price: $160.00
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 6" x 9"
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 1-58720-445-2
- ISBN-13: 978-1-58720-445-6
As the Pearson IT Certification team continues to innovate and introduce new products, older products are retired. Effective January 25, 2014, the CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator product line will no longer be available for download, and existing installations will not be updated to include new features or fixes. All support for this product will be discontinued on April 30, 2014. Please visit www.pearsonitcertification.com/ccna to learn about our new CCNA simulators and other available CCNA learning tools.
ISBN: 9781587204449 Title: CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator
ISBN: 9780132953825 Title: CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator, Download Version
ISBN: 9780132954297 Title: CCENT 640-822 Network Simulator, Download Version
ISBN: 9780132984935 Title: CCNA ICND2 640-816 Network Simulator Upgrade
ISBN: 9781587204456 Title: CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator, Academic Edition
This product is intended for instructor led classroom use only. If you are not using this simulator as a part of an instructor led class, please use the standard retail edition, CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator, ISBN 13: 9781587202162
CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator, Academic Edition is a single-user software package. It helps users develop and enhance hands-on configuration and troubleshooting skills without the investment in expensive lab hardware. This state of the art simulation software allows users to practice their networking skills with 329 structured labs designed to reinforce CCNA exam topics, including router and switch navigation and administration, LAN switching, IP addressing, routing, WANs, VLANs and trunking, IP routing protocols, scaling IP, and troubleshooting.
Users will experience realistic network device response as they work through each of the labs developed by best selling author and expert instructor Wendell Odom. The software comes complete with 250 structured labs, including skill building configuration exercises, configuration scenarios, and complex troubleshooting scenarios. All the labs are developed with the objective of gaining the hands-on skills necessary to successfully answer the simulation and scenario-based questions on the actual CCNA exam. Each lab includes detailed instructions, topology diagrams, full answers and complete explanations.
The standard retail version of the CCNA 640-802 Network Simulator contains 300 graded labs. Because the answers to the labs are readily available to the users of the software, it is difficult for professors to assign the existing labs as homework, exam, or projects that would count towards a student’s grade. This special academic edition provides instructors with 29 additional labs that are ungraded, allowing professors to use them as graded homework assignments, in-class exercises, or actual exams. These 29 ungraded labs are provided in addition to the standard 300 labs provided in the retail version, giving students 329 hands-on lab exercises.
The 29 ungraded labs cover a broad range of introductory networking topics. There is enough content in these labs to provide instructors with more than enough assignments to cover 2 semesters worth of instruction. The ungraded labs will all contain PDF instructions on how to complete each lab. Students will be able to save their work as txt files on these ungraded labs to submit via email or LMS posting for instructor review and grading.
The labs are divided into several types that can be assigned to students as appropriate:
• Configuration labs: modeled on the skill-builder exercises in the standard simulator edition, these labs start the user with an unconfigured device and provide step-by-step guides to completing the lab without giving away the specific commands required for correct configuration. There are 13 ungraded configuration labs.
• Troubleshooting labs: These troubleshooting exercises complement the configuration labs. For example, the students will be asked to load a topology that has been fully configured but it will have one or more errors. These troubleshooting exercises will use the more complex network topologies available with the software but the students should be able to complete these tasks based on the knowledge they have gained from the configuration labs. There are 9 ungraded troubleshooting labs.
• Exam labs: These labs can be used as exam material to supplement the laboratory or class. These labs test the student’s ability to configure, analyze, and troubleshoot routers, switches, and computer networks. These labs cover a broader range of content and are meant to be used after a student has completed a certain amount of coursework to gauge their progress and knowledge. There are 7 ungraded exam labs.
In addition to the ungraded labs that are integrated into the simulator software itself, professors who adopt the software will receive an instructor’s guide complete with all the lab solutions. This instructor’s guide will include a copy of all the lab instructions as well as the lab answers.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Cisco CCIE Routing and Switching v5.0 Configuration Practice Labs, 3rd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $79.99
- Routing and Switching Essentials Companion Guide
- Book $56.67
- Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Complete Video Course
- Online Video $319.99