Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
C Interfaces and Implementations: Techniques for Creating Reusable Software
- Your Price: $43.99
- List Price: $54.99
- We're temporarily out of stock, but order now and we'll send it to you later.
- Copyright 1997
- Dimensions: 7-3/8x9-1/4
- Pages: 544
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-201-49841-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-201-49841-7
Every programmer and software project manager must master the art of creating reusable software modules; they are the building blocks of large, reliable applications. Unlike some modern object-oriented languages, C provides little linguistic support or motivation for creating reusable application programming interfaces (APIs). While most C programmers use APIs and the libraries that implement them in almost every application they write, relatively few programmers create and disseminate new, widely applicable APIs. C Interfaces and Implementations shows how to create reusable APIs using interface-based design, a language-independent methodology that separates interfaces from their implementations. This methodology is explained by example. The author describes in detail 24 interfaces and their implementations, providing the reader with a thorough understanding of this design approach.
Features of C Interfaces and Implementations:
- Concise interface descriptions that comprise a reference manual for programmers interested in using the interfaces.
- A guided tour of the code that implements each chapter's interface tp help those modifying or extending an interface or designing related interfaces.
- In-depth focus on "algorithm engineering:" how to package data structures and related algorithms into reusable modules.
- Source code for 24 APIs and 8 sample applications is examined, with each presented as a "literate program" in which a thorough explanation is interleaved with the source code.
- Rarely documented C programming tricks-of-the-trade.
- Convenient access to all source code in the book via the World Wide Web at http://www.cs.princeton.edu/software/cii/
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- C Primer Plus, 6th Edition
- Book $43.99
- C for Programmers with an Introduction to C11
- Book $39.99