The practical, hands-on sequel to Paco Underhill's WHY WE BUY
If there's one thing that's consistent in today's business world, it's rapid change. So how do you not only stay steady but actually grow'and quickly enough to stay safely ahead of your competitors? Built for Growth delivers specific solutions to create a brand and presence that generates true customer passion, as you lay a solid foundation for long-term success. Author Arthur Rubinfeld was a major driver in Starbucks' unprecedented retail expansion from 100 stores to more than 4000-- and its transformation into one of the world's most recognized brands. Here he draws on his singular expertise to present a proven, holistic approach to conceiving, designing, and executing your business plan: creating exciting concepts, growing them to fruition in local markets, expanding rapidly, and keeping your brand fresh and relevant as it matures. His revolutionary approach to business strategy embodies strong personal values, promotes exceptional creativity, leverages scientific methodology in finance and market analysis, and brings it all together with 'old-time' customer service.
Sample Chapter - 2.99 MB -- Chapter 1: It's About Your Values
Download the sample pages (includes Chapter 1 and Index)
I. MAKE NO LITTLE PLANS.
1. It’s About Your Values.
2. Opportunities, Ideation, and Concepts.
3. The Importance of the First Store.
4. Maximizing the Retail Experience Through Design.
5. Seamlessly Connecting Design to Brand While Staying on Budget.
6. Merchandising: Maximizing Your Profits.
7. Customizing Customer Service.
II. GO LONG.
8. Blueprint for Execution.
9. Taking Your Organization Long.
10. Kicking the Economic Model Into Gear.
11. Wellsprings to Expansion.
III. OWN MAIN & MAIN.
12. How to Grow Rapidly Without Stumbling.
13. Hot Spots, Oil Stains, and the Perfect Location.
14. A Walk Through the Locationing Process.
15. Real Estate: Who Needs Who More, When.
IV. PUSH THE ENVELOPE.
16. Innovation as the Path to Growth.
17. Defining Your Mission in the New Age of Retail.