Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Building Parsers With Java™
- Your Price: $39.99
- List Price: $49.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 2001
- Dimensions: 7-3/8x9-1/4
- Pages: 400
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-201-71962-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-201-71962-8
Parser building is a powerful programming technique that opens a world of opportunity for designing how users interact with applications. By creating mini-languages, you can precisely address the requirements of your application development domain. Writing your own parsers empowers you to access a database more effectively than SQL to efficiently control the movement of an order through its workflow, to command the actions of a robot, and to control access privileges to transactions in a system. The repertoire of today's professional programmer should include the know-how to create custom languages.
Building Parsers with Java shows how to create parsers that recognize custom programming languages. This book and its accompanying CD provide an in-depth explanation and clearly written tutorial on writing parsers, following the Interpreter Design Pattern. An easy-to-follow demonstration on how to apply parsers to vital development tasks is included, using more than a hundred short examples, numerous UML diagrams, and a pure Java parser toolkit to illustrate key points.You will learn
- How to design, code, and test a working parser
- How to create a parser to read a data language, and how to create new computer languages with XML
- How to translate the design of a language into code
- How to accept an arithmetic formula and compute its result
- How to accept and apply matching expressions like th* one
- How to use tokenizers to define a parser in terms of logical nuggets instead of individual characters
- How to build parsers for a custom logic language like Prolog
- How to build parsers for a custom query language that goes beyond SQL
- How to construct an imperative language that translates text into commands that direct a sequence of actions
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Java SE 8 for the Really Impatient
- Book $31.99