Building Java 8 Web Applications with Microservices (Workshop), LiveLesssons, Downloadable Version
- Your Price: $159.99
- List Price: $199.99
About this video
Accessible from your Account page after purchase. Requires the free QuickTime Player software.
Videos can be viewed on: Windows 8, Windows XP, Vista, 7, and all versions of Macintosh OS X including the iPad, and other platforms that support the industry standard h.264 video codec.
- Copyright 2016
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-431153-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-431153-1
3+ Hours of Video InstructionWhat You Will Learn
In Building Java 8 Web Applications with Microservices LiveLessons Workshop, Java Champion Trisha Gee teaches how to build a Java 8 application end-to-end.
Building Java 8 Web Applications with Microservices LiveLessons Workshop utilizes live code demonstration to build a fully functional application using minimal external dependencies and Java 8. This application consumes a real-time feed of high-velocity data, contains services that make sense of the data, and presents it in a JavaFX dashboard. Along the way, you’ll encounter Java 8 streams, lambdas, new ways of working with collections, and the new date and time API.
The source code repository for this LiveLessons Workshop can be downloaded from https://github.com/trishagee/sense. Download the “skeleton” branch.
Who Should Take This Course
- Sort messages containing information about users to create a leaderboard of the most active Twitter users
- Consume messages about tweet sentiment to create a pie chart that updates in real time to show overall mood on Twitter
- Filter sentiment messages to create a view of happiness levels over a ten-minute period
- Build a microservice that parses a file of real Twitter data and publishes these tweets via web sockets
- Build a microservice that parses Twitter messages and emits just the username
- Build a microservice that analyses Twitter messages for sentiment and publishes these moods
- Connect the application to a live Twitter feed
- Experienced Java developers familiar with Java 7 looking to learn Java 8
Table of Contents
- Working knowledge of the Java programming language
Lesson 1: Introduction to Java 8 Features
- Overview of Java 8
- Our application
- Creating a stub user service
- What are lambdas?
- The basics of JavaFX
- New Java 8 methods on existing APIs
- Introduction to streams
- Creating the UI
- How did Java 8 help us?
Lesson 2: Lambdas Will Simplify Your Code
- Create a stub mood service
- Updating a pie chart with moods--Part 1
- Updating a pie chart with moods--Part 2
- Filtering moods to display happiness over time
- Questions and discussion
Lesson 3: Creating Simple WebSocket Services
- An introduction to WebSockets--Part 1
- An introduction to WebSockets--Part 2
- Creating a service to publish data from a file
Lesson 4: Java 8 for Business Logic
- Creating a simple user service
- Creating a service to analyze tweet mood
Lesson 5: Questions and Discussion
SummaryAbout LiveLessons Video Training
The LiveLessons Video Training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home and Office Technologies, Business and Management, and more. View all LiveLessons on InformIT at: http://www.informit.com/livelessons
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase