Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
This is the Rough Cut version of the printed book.
Beyond Bullet Points, Fourth Edition
“Throw away those room-emptying, left-brain slides–and use Atkinson’s book to turn your PowerPoint presentation into an epic.” –Daniel H. Pink, author of Drive and A Whole New Mind
Think beyond bullet points–and amplify the impact of your message! Now in its fourth edition, this popular classic illuminates an innovative, step-by-step methodology designed to unlock the amazing visual story waiting to be released from your message. Communications expert Cliff Atkinson shows how to apply classic storytelling tenets and practical, research-based guidelines as you work with Microsoft PowerPoint–for memorable, meaningful, and persuasive visual stories. Change your approach–and transform your results!
Find your story thread
Create an emotional connection to increase your impact.
Cut through the clutter
Distill your message and get right to the point.
Bring your story to life
Storyboard your ideas, find your natural voice, and deliver a compelling presentation!
1. A Theater of Persuasion
2. Busting the Top 3 Myths About PowerPoint
3. The 5 Principles and 10 Building Blocks of Persuasive Visual Storytelling
4. Crafting Your Story Structure
5. Anchoring Your Story in Your Audience’s Minds
6. Thinking Like a Storyboard
7. The Magic of Sketching Your Graphics First
8. Getting Graphics, Quick and Easy
9. Delivering Your Visual Story
10. Present This, Not That
Appendix BBP Guidelines
Appendix Starting Your Challenge and Desire Headlines
Appendix: Starting Your Map Headlines