- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 472
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-6302-5
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-6302-2
Your guide to planning and executing a complete mobile web strategy
Revisit your approach to the mobile web—and deliver effective solutions that reach customers and clients on a variety of mobile devices. In this practical guide, web development luminary Dino Esposito shows you how to develop a solid mobile strategy for the enterprise, starting with an effective mobile website. You’ll receive essential architectural and implementation guidance, as well as mobile-specific design patterns for building cross-platform and native applications.
Discover how to:
- Architect a website accessible from many different mobile devices
- Implement design patterns specific to mobile app development
- Examine tools that enable you to write one codebase for many platforms
- Use technologies for building Windows Phone, iPhone, and Android apps
- Develop cross-platform app features, such as localization and offline behavior
- Click the following link: Download the companion content.
- Click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
Download the sample content
Table of Contents
- Part I: Going Mobile
- Chapter 1: Pillars of a Mobile Strategy
- Chapter 2: Mobile Sites vs. Native Applications
- Part II: Mobile Sites
- Chapter 3: Mobile Architecture
- Chapter 4: Building Mobile Websites
- Chapter 5: HTML5 and jQuery Mobile
- Chapter 6: Developing Responsive Mobile Sites
- Part III: Mobile Applications
- Chapter 7: Patterns of Mobile Application Development
- Chapter 8: Developing for iOS
- Chapter 9: Developing for Android
- Chapter 10: Developing for Windows Phone
- Chapter 11: Developing with PhoneGap