Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Android Wireless Application Development
- This product currently is not for sale.
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Your Price: $28.79
- List Price: $35.99
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Copyright 2010
- Dimensions: 7 X 9
- Pages: 600
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-321-62709-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-62709-4
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-321-61965-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-61965-5
The start-to-finish guide to Android development—from concept to market!
Android Wireless Application Development combines all the reliable information, sample code, and best practices you need to build, distribute, and market successful Android mobile applications. Drawing on their extensive experience with mobile and wireless development, Shane Conder and Lauren Darcey cover everything you need to execute a successful Android project: from concept and design through coding, testing, packaging, and delivery.
Conder and Darcey explain how mobile development differs from conventional development, how Android differs from other mobile platforms, and how to take full advantage of Android’s unique features and capabilities. They present detailed, code-rich coverage of Android’s most important APIs, expert techniques for organizing development teams and managing Android projects, and dozens of time-saving tricks and pitfalls to avoid.
- Master the latest Android development tools and Android SDK 1.5
- Use the Eclipse Development Environment for Java to develop and debug Android applications
- Design Android applications that are more efficient, reliable, and easier to use and offer better performance
- Work with Android’s optional hardware-specific APIs
- Use Android’s APIs for data, storage, networking, telephony, Location-Based Services (LBS), multimedia, and 3D graphics
- Leverage advanced Android capabilities such as Notifications and Services
- Ensure quality through solid test planning, efficient testing, and comprehensive defect tracking
- Make more money from your Android applications
This book is an indispensable resource for every member of the Android development team: software developers with all levels of mobile experience, team leaders and project managers, testers and QA specialists, software architects, and even marketers.
Shane Conder is an experienced developer who has specialized in mobile and embedded development for over a decade. He has designed and developed many commercial applications for BREW, J2ME, Palm, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, iPhone, and Android and has written extensively about the mobile industry and mobile development platforms. Lauren Darcey is the CEO of a small software company specializing in mobile technologies. With almost two decades of experience in professional software production, Darcey is a recognized authority in enterprise architecture and the development of commercial grade mobile applications.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Android Development with Android Studio and Eclipse - LiveLessons (Video Training), Downloadable
- Downloadable Video $119.99
- Android for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach, 2nd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $28.79