Android User Interface Design: Turning Ideas and Sketches into Beautifully Designed Apps, Rough Cuts
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- About Rough Cuts
Rough Cuts are manuscripts that are developed but not yet published, available through Safari Books Online. Rough Cuts provide you access to the very latest information on a given topic and offer you the opportunity to interact with the author to influence the final publication.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7" x 9"
- Pages: 400
- Edition: 1st
- Rough Cuts
- ISBN-10: 0-13-315483-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-315483-2
This is the Rough Cut version of the printed book.Build Android Apps That Are Stunningly Attractive, Functional, and Intuitive
In today’s crowded Android marketplace, it’s more important than ever to differentiate your apps. Great design is the best way to do that. Now, leading Android app design expert Ian G. Clifton shows you how to make your apps come alive and how to deliver apps that users will want, love, and buy!
Reflecting the Android 4.2 SDK, this book serves both as a tutorial for the entire design and implementation process and as a handy reference you’ll rely on for every Android development project.
Clifton shows how to create effective designs, organize them into Android components, and move gracefully from idea, to wireframe, to comp, to finished app. You’ll learn how to bring your own voice, personality, and style to your app designs; how to leverage advanced drawing techniques such as PorterDuff compositing; how to test designs on diverse Android devices; and much more.
Android User Interface Design details each step of the design and development process and contains extensive downloadable sample code, including complete finished apps.
- Learn how Android has evolved to support outstanding app design
- Integrate app design with development, from idea through deployment
- Understand views, the building blocks of Android user interfaces
- Make the most of wireframes and prototypes
- Build efficient layouts and integrate smooth animations
- Make apps more useful by automatically updating ListViews
- Combine views into custom components
- Use image compositing and other advanced techniques
- Work with the canvas and advanced drawing
- Leverage Google Play and Amazon Appstore assets
One step at a time, this guide helps you bridge the gap between Android developers and designers so you can work with colleagues to create world-class app designs...or do it yourself!
Other Things You Might Like
- Android Development with Android Studio and Eclipse - LiveLessons (Video Training), Downloadable
- Downloadable Video $119.99