Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Whether you’re a professional photographer or the family shutterbug, you can’t afford to miss the fourth edition of the now classic Photoshop Restoration & Retouching. Katrin Eismann and co-authors Wayne Palmer and Dennis Dunbar have reviewed, updated, and revised every single technique to address the most important features in Adobe Photoshop CC. Clear step-by-step instructions using professional examples highlight the tools and techniques photographers, designers, restoration studios, and beauty retouchers use to restore valuable antique images, retouch portraits, and enhance glamour, food, and architectural photography. With new example images illustrating the tutorials, Photoshop Restoration & Retouching, Fourth Edition will show you how to transform faded, damaged photographs into beautiful images that are as clear and crisp as the day they were taken–maybe even better–and how to turn casual snapshots and studio portraits into the most flattering images possible.
Full-color, step-by-step examples show you how to
• Correct extreme exposure errors and improve color, contrast, and tone
• Rescue heirloom originals suffering from mold damage, cracks, and torn edges–even replace missing image information
• Remove dust and scratches quickly and easily
• Transform your photos into beautiful, original works of art by converting them to black-and white or tinted images
• Use a variety of sharpening techniques and tonal-correction tools to add life and sparkle to digital photos
• Enhance portraits by removing blemishes, reducing wrinkles, and enhancing eyes, lips, and hair, while maintaining the subject’s essential character
• Apply the secrets that the top retouchers in the glamour and beauty industry use to perfect skin, make-up, and hair
• Retouch and enhance architectural, product and food shots.
Part I: Workspace & Workflow
1 Equipment, Input, And Raw Processing
2 Photoshop And Photoshop Elements Essentials
Part II: Tone, Exposure & Color
3 Exposure Correction
4 Working with Color
Part III: Restore, Repair & Rebuild
5 Dust, Mold, And Texture Removal
6 Damage Control and Repair
7 Rebuilding and Re-Creating Images
Part IV: Professional Retouching
8 Portrait Retouching
9 Beauty Retouching
10 Product, Food, and Architectural Retouching