This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Adobe Illustrator CS4 on Demand
What you need, when you need it!
Need answers quickly? Adobe Illustrator CS4 on Demand provides those answers in a visual step-by-step format. We will show you exactly what to do through lots of full color illustrations and easy-to-follow instructions.
Inside the Book
• Improve publishing and productivity with the CS4 interface
• Browse, organize, and process files using Adobe Bridge
• Transform and reshape objects to create a new look
• Use Live Paint to create recolor and modify images
• Use Live Color to create color harmony in a design
• Create text and apply style to display artistic text
• Apply appearances and graphic styles for a unique design
• Create eye catching special effects and filters
• Export images to EPS, Adobe PDF, Adobe Flash, and Adobe Photoshop
• Optimize files f or the web
Bonus Online Content
Register your book at queondemand.com to gain access to:
• Workshops and related files
• Keyboard shortcuts
Visit the author site: perspection.com
Do you own this book? Visit queondemand.com to access example files and other helpful resources.
1 Getting Started with Illustrator CS4 1
2 Creating and Viewing a Document 27
3 Working with Objects 59
4 Working with Color 93
5 Applying Fills, Strokes, and Gradients 117
6 Working with Points and Paths 139
7 Working with Layers 165
8 Working with Type 185
9 Working with Graphics 219
10 Manipulating Artwork with Effects 239
11 Drawing and Painting 259
12 Using Symbols 287
13 Automating the Way You Work 307
14 Proofing and Printing Documents 323
15 Exporting a Document 347
16 Designing for the Web and Devices 363
17 Customizing the Way You Work 389
18 Working Together with Adobe Programs 405
W Workshops: Putting It All Together 525