- Understand why composition is preferable to inheritance and how flexible the interface really can be
- Gain deep knowledge of key design patterns and anti-patterns, when to apply them, and how to give their code agility
- Bridge the gap between the theory behind SOLID principles, design patterns, and industry best practices by pragmatically solving real-world problems
- Get code samples written in upcoming version of Microsoft Visual C#
- Topics include: Agile with Scrum process; dependencies and layering; the interface; patterns and anti-patterns; introduction to SOLID principles, including open/closed and dependency interjection; and using application templates
- Copyright 2015
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 432
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-8320-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-8320-4
Agile coding with design patterns and SOLID principles
As every developer knows, requirements are subject to change. But when you build adaptability into your code, you can respond to change more easily and avoid disruptive rework. Focusing on Agile programming, this book describes the best practices, principles, and patterns that enable you to create flexible, adaptive code--and deliver better business value.
Expert guidance to bridge the gap between theory and practice
- Get grounded in Scrum: artifacts, roles, metrics, phases
- Organize and manage architectural dependencies
- Review best practices for patterns and anti-patterns
- Master SOLID principles: single-responsibility, open/closed, Liskov substitution
- Manage the versatility of interfaces for adaptive code
- Perform unit testing and refactoring in tandem
- See how delegation and abstraction impact code adaptability
- Learn best ways to implement dependency interjection
- Apply what you learn to a pragmatic, agile coding project
Get code samples at:
The code for this book is available from GitHub, at the following address: aka.ms/AdaptiveCode_CodeSamples
Appendix A in the book contains explanations for using Git, and Appendix B (available below) details how the code in the AdaptiveCode repository is organized.
Follow the instructions to download this book's companion files or practice files.
- Click the Download button below to start the download.
- If prompted, click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.