Also available in other formats.
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
This is the eBook version of the printed book. If the print book includes a CD-ROM, this content is not included within the eBook version.ActionScript is the programming language integral to the Adobe Technology Platform. It began as a simple scripting language for creating interactivity and animation in Flash, but is now used to create full-featured Web applications, not only in Flash but in Flex. ActionScript 3, introduced with Flex 2, is now a full-fledged object-oriented programming language, and the need for teaching materials, for both newcomers and veterans, is great. This task-based tutorial is for students with no programming experience as well as those programmers who have learned earlier versions of the programming language and now need to learn the new version. The book walks a reader through all the fundamentals, then moves on to creating interactivity, working with data, looping and decision making, programming visualizations, and working with multimedia. It's a complete end-to-end tutorial.
1. Introduction to ActionScript 3.0
2. Working with Variables & Properties
3. Working with Methods & Functions
4. Working with Classes & Objects
5. Display Lists & Display Objects
6. Working with Display Objects
7. Communication & Events
8. Controlling the Timeline
9. Working with Strings
10. Working with TextFields
11. Working with the Math and Date classes
12. Working with Data Using Arrays and Objects
13. Logic and Conditional Statements
14. Iteration and Repetition
15. HTTP Requests and External Communications
16. Loading External Assets
17. Using Shapes, Masks, Blends and Filters
18. Dynamic Animation
19. Working with Sound
20. Working with Video