Did you fail home economics in high school? Do you know the ins-and-outs of the restaurant business better than you know the way around your own kitchen? Fear your stove and oven no more! Absolute Beginner's Guide to Cooking will quickly and easily take you from "bumbling water burner" to "competent cook." Learn the essentials of cooking, including lists of foods to keep in the pantry, what utensils to have on hand and helpful substitutions when you run-out of a necessary ingredient. With more than 175 recipes and how-to instructions, you will learn to cook appetizers, snacks, beverages, main course dishes, side dishes and desserts that will make your family and friends ask for seconds. But what good are all these delicious recipes if it still takes you hours to make them? That's why we've also included information on how to save time while preparing food, planning guides and how to get quickly through the grocery store in one piece while still getting the freshest food available. Give your microwave and the pizza delivery guy a break; pick up a copy of Absolute Beginner's Guide to Cooking!
1. Cookware and Tool Essentials
2. Food Essentials for Your Pantry
3. Glossary of Terms and Techniques, Conversions and Equivalents
4. Getting a Meal on the Table
5. Eggs and Other Breakfast Fare
6. Basic Sandwiches
7. Soups and Stews
8. Salads and Dressings
9. Meat-Beef, Pork, and Lamb
10. Poultry-Chicken and Turkey
11. Fish and Shellfish
12. Grains, Beans, and Pasta Dishes
13. Side Dishes-Vegetables and Potatoes
14. Sauces, Toppings, and Marinades.
15. Appetizers and Dips.