"Buying a house may be love at first sight or seemingly take forever. This terrific book covers all the bases. Readers will enjoy discovering the secrets as they are revealed. There's something valuable for everyone."
–Willard Scott, Noted NBC Radio and Television Personality
"This book helps you get at not only the practical aspects of home buying and selling, but also the emotional side of what is usually the largest and most anxiety-riddled transactions of your lifetime. If you are thinking of buying or selling a home, it pays big dividends to read Lois Vitt's advice before you do!"
–Jordan E. Goodman, America's Money Answers Man and author of Everyone's Money Book
"If you want to get in touch with your inner home buyer–and make clearer decisions based on those insights–this is the book to take you there."
–Kenneth Harney, Syndicated Real Estate Columnist, Washington Post Writers Group.
"The most significant purchase a person makes in a lifetime is a home. The process of finding, purchasing, or selling a home can be down right nerve-racking. Lois Vitt has written a thought-provoking book that addresses both the technical and emotional aspects of home ownership."
–Deborah Owens, Financial Commentator and author of Confident Investing and Nickel and Dime Your Way to Wealth.
Buying a home is not just the most important financial decision: It is also one of the most important emotional decisions. With 10 Secrets to Successful Home Buying and Selling, you get it right! Lois A. Vitt helps you discover your "housing value system," your personal housing psychology. Learn how your expectations compare with your family's expectations, so that you can make the best decisions for everyone. After you discover what you really want, answer crucial housing questions, such as: Rent or buy? Move or remodel? Sell or hold? Refinance? Vitt's practical examples, real-life stories, and easy quizzes help you make housing decisions that enrich your life emotionally and financially!
© Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
I. YOUR HOUSING PSYCHOLOGY.
1. Introduction to the Ten Secrets.
2. Your Home and Your Life.
3. Your Housing History.
4. Creating Your Housing Profile.
5. Learning about Yourself–The Personal Factor.
6. Recognizing Others–The Social Factor.
7. Feeling At Home–The Tangible Factor.
8. The Real Deal about Finances–The Money Factor.
9. Moving Decisions for Two or More.
II. FINDING SOLUTIONS THAT WORK FOR YOU.
10. Whether to Move and When to Move.
11. To Own or Not to Own–That’s a Good Question.
12. Your Stake and the System.
13. Refinancing, Remodeling, and Building Homes.
14. Investing in Other Houses.
15. When Marriages and Partnerships Fail.
16. Natural and Other Disasters.
17. Overcoming Moving Stresses.
18. Empty Nests and Retirement Years .
Download the Index file related to this title.