10 Minute Guide to Pocket PC 2002, Adobe Reader
Product Author Bios
Michael Miller has authored more than three dozen non-fiction books in the past decade. He has established a strong reputation for explaining technical information to non-technical readers, and for offering useful real-world advice about complicated topics. Michael is also President of the Molehill Group, a writing/consulting firm based in Carmel, Indiana. Other books by Michael include Absolute Beginner's Guide to Computers and the Internet, TechTV's Microsoft Windows XP for Home Users with Jim Louderback, and Special Edition Using the Internet and Web.
The pocket-sized reference to the Pocket PC - the only book that isn't bigger than the Pocket PC itself! This presentation is ideal for Pocket PC users who need a quick, lightweight, portable guide to everything their PDAs can do. This book presents step-by-step instructions to the 30 most-used features of the Pocket PC in lessons that can be completed in ten minutes or less.
Table of Contents
1. Understanding Basic Hardware Operations.
2. Navigating the Pocket PC Interface.
3. Configuring the Sound and Display.
4. Managing User Input.
5. Managing Power Consumption.
6. Managing Memory Usage.
7. Personalizing Your Pocket PC.
8. Managing Personal Information—Securely.
9. Connecting to Your PC and Other Devices.
10. Synchronizing Your Pocket PC.
11. Working with Files and Folders.
12. Backing Up Your Data.
13. Using Pocket PC Applications.
14. Using Contacts.
15. Using the Calendar.
16. Using Tasks and Notes.
17. Using Pocket Word.
18. Using Pocket Excel.
19. Using Pocket Money.
20. Connecting to the Internet.
21. Sending and Receiving Email.
22. Using Instant Messaging.
23. Surfing the Web with Internet Explorer.
24. Listening to Music Files.
25. Viewing Movie Files.
26. Working with Digital Photographs.
27. Finding and Using Maps.
28. Reading eBooks.
29. Playing Pocket PC Games.
Appendix A. Pocket PC Accessories.
Appendix B. Pocket PC Applications.
eBook (Adobe DRM)
This eBook requires the free Adobe® Digital Editions software.
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID. If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Also available in other formats.
Get access to thousands of books and training videos about technology, professional development and digital media from more than 40 leading publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Cisco Press, IBM Press, O'Reilly Media, Wrox, Apress, and many more. If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months. That's a total savings of $199.