Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
.NET Framework Standard Library Annotated Reference, Volume 2: Networking Library, Reflection Library, and XML Library
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Copyright 2006
- Dimensions: 7-3/8x9-1/4
- Pages: 512
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-321-19445-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-19445-9
This is a complete, authoritative, and truly useful reference for every .NET developer. It covers every aspect of .NET Framework library by providing concise descriptions with just the right number of examples. I would not start development of any significant .NET project without having this book on my bookshelf.
Max Loukianov, Vice President of Research and Development, Netpise Inc.
The .NET Framework Standard Library Annotated Reference is the one reference you really need when you use the .NET Framework library. The annotations provide clear insight into the design choices that the library development team made when building the library. Those explanations will guide you to the best design choices for your own application code.
Bill Wagner, Founder/Consultant, SRT Solutions, and author of Effective C#
More than just a reference, this book provides great insight into the massive amount of thought that went into designing the Microsoft .NET Framework. It is both entertaining and educational, combining interesting and sometimes amusing annotations along with the reference material.
Jordan Matthiesen, Software Engineer
Brad Abrams, Tamara Abrams, and the CLR team take readers on a journey through the backstreets of the .NET Framework, pointing out invaluable design decisions and performance best practices along the way. Not to be missed by any developer who has ever wondered why the Framework is designed the way it is.
William D. Bartholomew, Senior Software Architect, Orli-TECH Pty Ltd
This volume provides an in-depth review for every class method listed, including a CD with many examples of usage. The most valuable aspect of this book is the annotations provided; the annotators thoughts about the design of the .NET Framework lets the reader develop a crystal-clear understanding of what can be accomplished with this fantastic technology.
Bradley Snobar, Software Engineer
The utility of a reference book is often a function of how easily you can find a desired subject and, once there, how clearly is it explained. On both counts, you should find that this book stands well.
Dr. Wes Boudville, Inventor
The .NET Framework Standard Library Annotated Reference, Volume 2, completes the definitive reference to the .NET Framework base class library. This book-and-CD set offers programmers unparalleled insight into the ECMA and ISO specifications for the classes and members, while also explaining why they were designed as they were and demonstrating how to use them. This volume covers the Networking, Reflection, and XML libraries, complementing Volume 1s coverage of the Base Class and Extended Numerics libraries.
The printed book contains high-level descriptions of each namespace, plus detailed descriptions and samples of each type, including annotations, inheritance diagrams, and a listing of members.
The accompanying CD contains a vastly expanded version of the books text that includes detailed descriptions of each member and samples for most membersalmost two thousand searchable pages of immediately useful reference material, plus a full source-code archive.
With the ECMA and ISO standards as its core, the combined book and CD include
- A clear and complete overview of each namespace, describing its purpose and functionality and the inheritance hierarchy of types it defines.
- Type descriptions. Each type is covered in its own chapter, with a quick reference to the C# declaration syntax for all members defined in the type, and a detailed description of how the type is used.
- Annotations from key insiders: members of the Microsoft design team and the ECMA Standards Committee. These comments cover everything from design rationale and history to common problems and shortcomings, with exceptional clarity and candor.
- Reference tabs and an exhaustive index, which allow readers to quickly and easily navigate the text.
- Code samples. Types are illustrated by working code samples, with output included.
- Reusable source code for the more than one thousand samples is supplied as an archive on the CD. All code has been tested with versions 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 of the .NET Framework and, where appropriate, with the .NET Compact Framework.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- C# 2012 for Programmers, 5th Edition
- Book $47.99
- C# 2012 for Programmers, 5th Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $38.39