Distinct Governance Requirements
Big Data solutions access data and generate data, all of which become assets of the business. A governance framework is required to ensure that the data and the solution environment itself are regulated, standardized and evolved in a controlled manner.
Examples of what a Big Data governance framework can encompass include:
- standardization of how data is tagged and the metadata used for tagging
- policies that regulate the kind of external data that may be acquired
- policies regarding the management of data privacy and data anonymization
- policies for the archiving of data sources and analysis results
- policies that establish guidelines for data cleansing and filtering