- Why Evaluate an Architecture?
- 2 When Can an Architecture Be Evaluated?
- 3 Who's Involved?
- 4 What Result Does an Architecture Evaluation Produce?
- 5 For What Qualities Can We Evaluate an Architecture?
- 6 Why Are Quality Attributes Too Vague for Analysis?
- 7 What Are the Outputs of an Architecture Evaluation?
- 8 What Are the Benefits and Costs of Performing an Architecture Evaluation?
- 9 For Further Reading
- 10 Discussion Questions
2.9 For Further Reading
The For Further Reading list of Chapter 9 (Comparing Software Architecture Evaluation Methods) lists good references on various architecture evaluation methods.
Zhao has assembled a nice collection of literature resources dealing with software architecture analysis [Zhao 99].
Once an architecture evaluation has identified changes that should be made to an architecture, how do you prioritize them? Work is emerging to help an architect or project manager assign quantitative cost and benefit information to architectural decisions [Kazman 01].