- 1.1. Block Flow Diagram (BFD)
- 1.2. Process Flow Diagram (PFD)
- 1.3. Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID)
- 1.4. Additional Diagrams
- 1.5. Three-Dimensional Representation of a Process
- 1.6. The 3-D Plant Model
- 1.7. Operator and 3-D Immersive Training Simulators
- 1.8. Summary
- Short Answer Questions
This chapter is from the book
- Kauffman, D., “Flow Sheets and Diagrams,” AIChE Modular Instruction, Series G: Design of Equipment, series editor J. Beckman, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, New York, 1986, Vol. 1, Chapter G.1.5. Reproduced by permission of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, AIChE copyright © 1986, all rights reserved.
- Graphical Symbols for Process Flow Diagrams, ASA Y32.11 (New York: American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 1961).
- Austin, D. G., Chemical Engineering Drawing Symbols (London: George Godwin, 1979).
- Instrument Symbols and Identification, Research Triangle Park, NC: Instrument Society of America, Standard ISA-S5-1, 1975.
- Bausbacher, E., and R. Hunt, Process Plant Layout and Piping Design (Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall PTR, 1998).