The product owner role is a cornerstone of successfully applying agile product management in Scrum. The days of the lonesome product manager locked away in her room and racking her brain to come up with perfect requirements are over. The product owner is a member of the Scrum team and as such is committed to close and ongoing collaboration. The following questions can help you apply the product owner role successfully:
- Who represents customers and users at your company?
- Who identifies and describes customer needs and product functionality?
- Who leads the visioning activities, and who leads the activities that bring the vision to life?
- What roles do teamwork and collaborative decision making play?
- What would it take to implement the product owner role, as described in this chapter?