What's "New" in Administrative Tools for Windows XP Users
Windows XP users will find plenty of "new" and enhanced features in Administrative Tools, including the following:
- Event ViewerDisplays details of hardware, software, and Windows events, including warnings and failures.
- Performance MonitorProvides real-time performance analysis of user-selected subsystems (processor, memory, and more).
- Print ManagementManages local and network printers.
- System ConfigurationConfigures startup and boot options and launches system utilities.
- Task SchedulerSchedules tasks to run at user-determined times.
- Windows Memory DiagnosticChecks system and cache memory before Windows desktop boots.
- Windows Firewall with Advanced SecurityConfigures Windows Firewall to operate in two-way mode.
- iSCSI InitiatorConfigures iSCSI storage on enterprise networks.
- Windows PowerShell ModulesReplaces snapins as a way to organize and extend Windows PowerShell.