Graphics & Web Design
Video Nation: A DIY guide to planning, shooting, and sharing great video from USA Today's Talking Tech host
- Your Price: $19.19
- List Price: $23.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Register your product
to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 256
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-301697-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-301697-0
A DIY guide to planning, shooting, and sharing great video from USA Today Talking Tech host
All kinds of people are creating video for the web: bloggers, small business owners, web show hosts, and corporate marketing departments, to name just a few. How do the best videos get made and go viral? What secrets lie behind them? In Video Nation you’ll learn everything you need to make great-looking video for YouTube, Facebook or your blog—from one of the top experts around!
Jefferson Graham, host of USA Today’s Talking Tech and Talking Your Tech, takes you skillfully through the art of video creation and distribution. And you’ll have a lot of fun along the way. You’ll learn what equipment you need to get started--from bare bones to wish list state-of-the-art great. You’ll get the skinny on sound and lighting. You’ll learn how to properly set up for and shoot an interview. You’ll even get to take your video to the next level by using multiple cameras as they do on TV.
You’ll also find 30 downloadable video lessons so you see the concepts from the book in action, including how to make a great video on an iPhone, lighting techniques, simple editing techniques, and much more. To access the videos go to www.peachpit.com/videonation and click "register your product."
Here are just a few things you’ll find in Video Nation:
- tips on developing fresh new ways to promote your business or yourself
- a guide to the tools available for a “one-man band” production, including advice on shooting with DSLRs, point-and-shoot cameras, and iPhones
- best techniques for setting up, preparing questions for, and interviewing a subject from a video producer who has interviewed everyone from comedian Jeff Dunham and the late Steve Jobs to Kermit the Frog
- detailed descriptions of working with sound and lighting for a variety of indoor and outdoor scenarios
- step-by-step coverage of using editing programs such as Apple iMovie, Adobe Premiere Elements, and Final Cut Pro X
- a guide to uploading your video to YouTube, create a channel, market your video with Twitter and Facebook, and earn thousands of dollars a year from your efforts via the YouTube Partner program
- and much more!
Table of Contents
Chapter One: Overview
Chapter Two: Ideas
Chapter Three: Video Tools: camera, lights and audio action
Chapter Four: Pre-production planning
Chapter Five: Production Day
Chapter Six: Editing
Chapter Seven: Advanced Techniques
Chapter Eight: It's Showtime!
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase