Understanding DB2 9 Security (paperback)
- Your Price: $47.99
- List Price: $59.99
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Copyright 2012
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/4"
- Pages: 432
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-300705-7
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-300705-3
Understanding DB2 9 Security is the only comprehensive guide to securing DB2 and leveraging the powerful new security features of DB2 9. Direct from a DB2 Security deployment expert and the IBM® DB2 development team, this book gives DBAs and their managers a wealth of security information that is available nowhere else. It presents real-world implementation scenarios, step-by-step examples, and expert guidance on both the technical and human sides of DB2 security.
This book’s material is organized to support you through every step of securing DB2 in Windows®, Linux®, or UNIX® environments. You’ll start by exploring the regulatory and business issues driving your security efforts, and then master the technological and managerial knowledge crucial to effective implementation. Next, the authors offer practical guidance on post-implementation auditing, and show how to systematically maintain security on an ongoing basis.
- Establishing effective security processes, teams, plans, and policies
- Implementing identification and authentication controls, your first lines of defense
- DB2 in Windows environments: managing the unique risks, leveraging the unique opportunities
- Using the new Label Based Access Control (LBAC) of DB2 9 to gain finer-grained control over data protection
- Encrypting DB2 connections, data “in flight,” and data on disk: step-by-step guidance
- Auditing and intrusion detection: crucial technical implementation details
- Using SSH to secure machine-to-machine communication in DB2 9 multi-partitioned environments
- Staying current with the latest DB2 security patches and fixes
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase