Techniques and Standards for Image, Video, and Audio Coding
- Your Price: $93.50
- List Price: $110.00
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- The first comprehensive book on all of the International Standards for coding and compression, both approved and emerging.
- Provides coverage of the latest coding and compression techniques, concepts and principles.
- Includes 2 appendicies which describe the different sytems and software related to these standards and provide information available on the Internet (ftp sites, WWW addresses, networks, ect.).
- Copyright 1997
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/4"
- Pages: 600
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-309907-5
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-309907-2
As audio and visual applications on CDs and on the Internet become more complex (videophones, multimedia books and videogames, video conferencing), coding and compression of these files is necessary for speed and size requirements. This book is the first to address the established and emerging international standards related to image/video/audio compression and coding. KEY TOPICS: Covers all of the international standards for coding and compression, both approved and emerging, plus the latest coding and compression techniques, concepts, and principles. MARKET: For engineers and software developers working in multimedia, communications, and networking.
Table of Contents
I. DIGITAL CODING TECHNIQUES. 2. Color Formats. 3. Quantization. 4. Predictive Coding. 5. Transform Coding. 6. Hybrid Coding and Motion Compensation. 7. Vector Quantization and Subband Coding.
II. INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS FOR IMAGE, VIDEO AND AUDIO CODING. 8. JPEG Still Picture Compression Algorithm. 9. ITU-T H.261 Video Coder. 10. MPEG-1 Audiovisual Coder for Digital Storage Media. 11. MPEG-2 Generic Coding Algorithms. 12. MPEG-4 and H.263 Very Low Bit-rate Coding. 13. High Definition Television Services. 14. CMTT Digital Broadcasting S Standards. Appendix A. Manufactures and Vendors. Appendix B. Information on the Internet.
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase