- Copyright 2014
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-376410-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-376410-9
PrimeFaces LiveLessons provides an introductory tutorial on this popular third-party component library for JSF 2. This beginner’s level training is aimed at developers who already know JSF 2 but who are new to PrimeFaces. These LiveLessons cover an overview of PrimeFaces' capabilities, setting things up to use PrimeFaces, the basic style of programming, and a survey of the components you are most likely to use. It shows the most common usage of the most popular elements but does not discuss every option or cover nearly all of the myriad PrimeFaces components.
In this video, you’ll learn how to:
- Understand how PrimeFaces components compare to other component libraries and how to download, install and set up PrimeFaces
- Use p:calendar, the PrimeFaces input element for collecting dates and times.
- Use the PrimeFaces equivalents of the standard JSF components to create the look and feel of a current PrimeFaces theme
- Gather numeric input from end users
- Gather free form strings from users
- Implement pop-up windows and overlays
- Create specialized panels within the page
- Install and use PrimeFaces themes (skins)
- Use other PrimeFaces components