Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
PC Help Desk in a Book: The Do-it-Yourself Guide to PC Troubleshooting and Repair, Adobe Reader
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Copyright 2003
- Pages: 576
- Edition: 1st
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-7686-6426-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7686-6426-3
Each year, thousands of harmless PCs suffer the pain and humiliation of buggy Windows installations, bad cable connections, mismanaged system resources, viruses, and slow Internet connections. All too often, these downtrodden PCs end up being scrapped before their time by owners who just can't care for them any longer. The real travesty is that with a little love, these wounded PCs could become useful members of society. That's where PC HelpDesk in a Book comes in. Using a unique, medical dictionary approach, this book walks users through the symptoms to diagnose and treat the problem. End-users will be armed to perform cost-effective upgrades, repair fouled Windows installations, and squeeze out a little more performance from a slow Internet connection in lieu of purchasing a new computer.
Table of Contents
PC Anatomy 101.
1. Troubleshooting a Windows Installation.
2. Internet and Online Problems.
3. Troubleshooting Storage Devices.
4. Troubleshooting Your Printer.
5. Troubleshooting Display, Audio, and Multimedia Problems.
6. Troubleshooting Input Devices.
7. Troubleshooting Your Network.
8. Troubleshooting Memory Problems.
9. Troubleshooting Processors and Motherboards.
10. Troubleshooting Power Supplies.
11. Solving Application Software Problems.
Appendix A. Using Windows Diagnostic Tools.
Appendix B. The Philosophy of Troubleshooting.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Modern Operating Systems, 4th Edition
- Book $152.15