Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Microsoft Windows Vista On Demand
- This product currently is not for sale.
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Your Price: $22.39
- List Price: $27.99
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Copyright 2007
- Dimensions: 7-1/2x9-1/8
- Pages: 576
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7897-3645-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7897-3645-1
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-7686-7451-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7686-7451-4
A new edition of this title is available, ISBN-10: 0789737868 ISBN-13: 9780789737861
• Master the Windows Vista user experience, including Windows Aero
• Manage files and information using Windows Vista programs and Sidebar gadgets
• Create your own movies, slides shows, and DVDs
• Rip, manage, and play digital music and videos
• Protect your computer from Internet or network intruders
• Explore the Internet, send e-mail and instant message, and publish calendars on the Web
• Customize, fine-tune, and administer Windows Vista
• Set up multiple users and parental controls
• Perform Instant Searches to quickly find files and programs
• Prepare for the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist exam
On the Web
This book uses real-world examples to give you a context in which to use the tasks. This book also includes workshops to help you put together individual tasks into projects. The Windows Vista example files that you need for project tasks are available at www.perspection.com.
Perspection has written and produced books on a variety of computer software–including Microsoft Office 2003 and XP, Microsoft Windows XP, Apple Mac OS X Panther, Adobe Photoshop CS2, Macromedia Flash 8, Macromedia Director MX, and Macromedia Fireworks–and Web publishing. In 1991, after working for Apple Computer and Microsoft, Steve Johnson founded Perspection, Inc. Perspection is committed to providing information and training to help people use software more effectively. Perspection has written more than 80 computer books, and sold more than 5 million copies.
Includes MCAS Exam Objectives!
This courseware meets the objectives for the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (MCAS). Upon completion of this courseware, you may be prepared to take the exam for MCAS qualification. To learn more about becoming a Microsoft Certified Application Specialist, visit www.microsoft.com.
Chapter 1 Getting Started with Windows Vista
Chapter 2 Working with Windows Programs
Chapter 3 Managing Files and Folders
Chapter 4 Customizing Windows Using the Control Panel
Chapter 5 Exploring the Internet
Chapter 6 Exchanging Messages and Information
Chapter 7 Holding Web Discussions and Video Conferences
Chapter 8 Working with Pictures
Chapter 9 Working with Windows Media Player
Chapter 10 Creating Movies Using Windows Movie Maker
Chapter 11 Setting Up Up Accounts and Maintaining Security
Chapter 12 Managing Files Using a Network
Chapter 13 Going Mobile
Chapter 14 Printing and Faxing
Chapter 15 Maintaining Your Computer
Chapter 16 Managing Hardware
Chapter 17 Backing Up Your Computer
Chapter 18 Administering Your Computer
Microsoft Certified Applications Sepcialist
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Microsoft Windows 7 In Depth
- Book $39.99
- Easy Microsoft Windows Vista, 2nd Edition
- Book $17.59