Operating Systems, Server
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Administrator's Pocket Consultant, 2nd Edition
- Your Price: $28.79
- List Price: $35.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2010
- Dimensions: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"
- Pages: 800
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-4517-5
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-4517-2
From the author and series editor of the immensely popular ADMINISTRATOR'S POCKET CONSULTANT series from Microsoft Press-this pocket-size guide delivers fast, accurate answers on the spot for IT professionals.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Administrator's Pocket Consultant, 2nd Edition is the ideal concise, immediate reference you'll want with you at all times as you deal with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 R2 administration. Whether you handle administration for 50 users or 5000, this hands-on, fast answers guide focuses on what you need to do to get the job done quickly. With extensive easy-to-read tables, lists, and step-by-step instructions, it's the portable, readable guide that you consistently save you time and minimize system downtime by giving you the right information right now. Get fast facts to:
- Plan, deploy, and configure SQL Server 2008 R2
- Administer server and surface security, access, and network configuration
- Import, export, transform, and replicate data
- Use SQL Server Management Studio for core administrative tasks
- Manipulate schemas, tables, indexes, and views
- Automate maintenance and implement policy-based management
- Monitor server activity and tune performance
- Manage log shipping and database mirroring
- Perform backups and recovery
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: SQL Server 2008 Administration Overview
- Chapter 2: Deploying SQL Server 2008
- Chapter 3: Managing the Surface Security, Access, and Network Configuration
- Chapter 4: Configuring and Tuning SQL Server 2008
- Chapter 5: Managing the Enterprise
- Chapter 6: Implementing Policy-Based Management
- Chapter 7: Configuring SQL Server with SQL Server Management Studio
- Chapter 8: Core Database Administration
- Chapter 9: Managing SQL Server 2008 Security
- Chapter 10: Manipulating Schemas, Tables, Indexes, and Views
- Chapter 11: Importing, Exporting, and Transforming Data
- Chapter 12: Linked Servers and Distributed Transactions
- Chapter 13: Implementing Snapshot, Merge, and Transactional Replication
- Chapter 14: Profiling and Monitoring SQL Server 2008
- Chapter 15: Backing Up and Recovering SQL Server 2008
- Chapter 16: Database Automation and Maintenance
- Chapter 17: Managing Log Shipping and Database Mirroring
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase