Microsoft Security Essentials User Manual (Digital Short Cut)
Microsoft Security Essentials User Manual is the unofficial user's manual for Microsoft's new free anti-malware program. It shows users how to use MSE to safeguard your computer from viruses and spyware, how to download and configure MSE, how to manually scan for malware, how to keep the program updated, and how to schedule regular maintenance.
• Understand the malware threat
• Download and install MSE
• Configure MSE for your system
• Set up automatic scanning
• Use real-time protection
• Configure advanced options
• Update your copy of MSE
• Scan your system
• Learn how automatic scans differ from custom scans
• View your scanning history and eliminate threats
Table of Contents
- How Big Is the Malware Threat?
- Is Your Machine Infected?
- Introducing Microsoft Security Essentials
- Downloading and Installing MSE—for Free
- Using MSE
- Configuring MSE for Your System
- Dealing with Potential Problems
- Defending Against Malware by Practicing Safe Computing
eBook (Watermarked) $4.99
Get access to thousands of books and training videos about technology, professional development and digital media from more than 40 leading publishers, including Addison-Wesley, Prentice Hall, Cisco Press, IBM Press, O'Reilly Media, Wrox, Apress, and many more. If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months. That's a total savings of $199.