- Copyright 2011
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 400
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-3888-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-3888-4
Teach yourself the fundamentals of ADO.NET 4 -- one step at a time. With this practical, learn-by-doing tutorial, you get the clear guidance and hands-on examples you need to start creating datacentric applications for Windows and the Web.
Discover how to:
- Connect to external data sources, including databases and other data formats
- Use ADO.NET Entity Framework to interact with underlying data stores
- Build Entity Framework models with graphical design tools in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Analyze information stored in ADO.NET with various LINQ providers
- Bind data directly to Windows Forms and Web Forms to drive information to users
- Manage disconnected or standalone data and information
- Go beyond the core functionality of ADO.NET to manipulate data in more advanced ways
Your step by step digital content includes:
- Practice exercises
- Fully searchable online edition of this book -- with unlimited access on the Web
Follow the instructions to download this book's companion files or practice files.
- Click the Download button below to start the download.
- If prompted, click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
Download the sample content
Table of Contents
- Part I: Getting to Know ADO.NET
- Chapter 1: Introducing ADO.NET 4
- Chapter 2: Building Tables of Data
- Chapter 3: Storing Data in Memory
- Chapter 4: Accessing the Right Data Values
- Chapter 5: Bringing Related Data Together
- Chapter 6: Turning Data into Information
- Chapter 7: Saving and Restoring Data
- Part II: Connecting to External Data Sources
- Chapter 8: Establishing External Connections
- Chapter 9: Querying Databases
- Chapter 10: Adding Standards to Queries
- Chapter 11: Making External Data Available Locally
- Chapter 12: Guaranteeing Data Integrity
- Part III: Entity Framework
- Chapter 13: Introducing the Entity Framework
- Chapter 14: Visualizing Data Models
- Chapter 15: Querying Data in the Framework
- Chapter 16: Understanding Entities Through Objects
- Part IV: LINQ
- Chapter 17: Introducing LINQ
- Chapter 18: Using LINQ to DataSet
- Chapter 19: Using LINQ to Entities
- Chapter 20: Using LINQ to SQL
- Part V: Presenting Data to the World
- Chapter 21: Binding Data with ADO.NET
- Chapter 22: Providing RESTful Services with WCF Data Services
We've made every effort to ensure the accuracy of this book and its companion content. Any errors that have been confirmed since this book was published can be downloaded below.
Download the errata