iOS Components and Frameworks: Understanding the Advanced Features of iOS SDK, Rough Cuts
This is the Rough Cut version of the printed book.
Take the next leap forward as an iOS app developer: leverage iOS's powerful components and frameworks, and build apps with outstanding performance, reliability, interactivity, media support, and customization!
iOS Components and Frameworks handles intermediate-to-advanced iOS programming topics brilliantly, fully illuminating the sophisticated intermediate-to-advanced-level techniques you're now ready for. Pioneering iOS programmers Kyle Richter and Joe Keeley offer thorough and example-rich coverage of topics ranging from social support to security, Core Data to advanced networking, iCloud support to StoreKit and Mapkit. You'll find a full section on advanced performance and security techniques, including the effective use of Grand Central Dispatch and Keychain.
Richter and Keeley also thoroughly address Core Gallery Views, Core Text, Gesture Recognizers, Photo Libraries, and more. Each chapter contains a complete sample project that walks you through integrating its technology into a generic iOS app. You'll discover how multiple iOS features can be combined into exceptionally powerful apps, and walk through a complete case study project: a fully functional game with complete Game Center integration. Throughout, you'll find robust code examples designed for easy reuse, making this your most valuable iOS go-to reference for years to come.
Table of Contents
1. StoreKit and In-App Purchasing
2. Core Location, MapKit, and Geofencing
3. Getting Started with iAds
4. Game Center Leader Boards and Achievements
5. Working with Address Book
6. Working with Music Libraries
Part II. Networking and the Cloud
7. Working with and Parsing JSON
8. Getting Started with iCloud
9. Push and Local Notifications
10. HTTP Live Streaming with AVFoundation
11. Bluetooth Networking with GameKit
Part III. Core Data and iCloud
13. Core Data Primer
14. Getting Up and Running with Core Data
15. Connecting to iCloud with Core Data
Part IV. Performance and Security
16. Working with Background Tasks
17. Getting Started with Blocks
18. Grand Central Dispatch for Performance
19. Using Keychain to Secure Data
Part V. Graphics and Interface
20. Working with Images and Filters
21. Gallery Views
22. Core Text for iOS
23. Gesture Recognizers
24. Accessing Photo Libraries
Available to Safari Books Online Subscribers
What is this?
Rough Cuts are manuscripts that are developed but not yet published, available through Safari Books Online. Rough Cuts provide you access to the very latest information on a given topic and offer you the opportunity to interact with the author to influence the final publication.