Operating Systems, Server
Inside Microsoft SQL Server 2008 T-SQL Programming
- Your Price: $38.39
- List Price: $47.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2010
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 832
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-3924-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-3924-9
Get a detailed look at the internal architecture of T-SQL with this comprehensive programming reference. Database developers and administrators get best practices, expert techniques, and code samples to master the intricacies of this programming language—solving complex problems with real-world solutions.
Discover how to:
- Work with T-SQL and CLR user-defined functions, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Handle transactions, concurrency, and error handling.
- Efficiently use temporary objects, including temporary tables, table variables, and table expressions.
- Evaluate when to use set-based programming techniques and when to use cursors.
- Work with dynamic SQL in an efficient and secure manner.
- Treat date- and time-related data in a robust manner.
- Develop CLR user-defined types and learn about temporal support in the relational model.
- Use XML and XQuery and implement a dynamic schema solution.
- Work with spatial data using the new geometry and geography types and spatial indexes.
- Track access and changes to data using extended events, SQL Server Audit, change tracking, and change data capture.
- Use Service Broker for controlled asynchronous processing in database applications.
All the book’s code samples will be available for download from the companion Web site.
Follow the instructions to download this book's companion files or practice files.
- Click the Download button below to start the download.
- If prompted, click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
Download the sample content
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Views
- Chapter 2: User-Defined Functions
- Chapter 3: Stored Procedures
- Chapter 4: Triggers
- Chapter 5: Transactions and Concurrency
- Chapter 6: Error Handling
- Chapter 7: Temporary Tables and Table Variables
- Chapter 8: Cursors
- Chapter 9: Dynamic SQL
- Chapter 10: Working with Date and Time
- Chapter 11: CLR User-Defined Types
- Chapter 12: Temporal Support in the Relational Model
- Chapter 13: XML and XQuery
- Chapter 14: Spatial Data
- Chapter 15: Tracking Access and Changes to Data
- Chapter 16: Service Broker
- Companion to CLR Routines
- About the Authors
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase