CELEBRATE EARTH WEEK
Save 70% on video training and simulators now through April 27*—use code EARTH. Shop now.
OpenView System Administration Handbook: Network Node Manager, Customer Views, Service Information Portal, OpenView Operations
Use OpenView tools to improve network performance, availability, and value
Planning, installation, customization, security, optimization, scalability, troubleshooting, and more
"I would recommend this book to my students." --Emil Velez, Technical Consultant - Education, HPThe comprehensive, authoritative guide to OpenView administration
This is the first comprehensive, hands-on guide to using OpenView administration tools to maximize network performance, availability, and value. You'll find expert guidance on planning, customization, automation, security, optimization, troubleshooting, and a whole lot more.
After a practical review of network management and SNMP, three HP consultants walk you through using Network Node Manager (NNM) to monitor network connectivity -- and adapting NNM to your unique requirements. Next, you'll discover how to use Customer Views (CV) containers to manage your most important resources, from customers to Internet sites. The authors offer realistic guidance on managing networks across the Web using HP's Service Information Portal, and on monitoring computers and software with OpenView Operations (OVO). Coverage includes:
If you're a network/system administrator running OpenView under HP-UX, Unix, or Windows, OpenView System Administration Handbook will make you more productive, more effective, and more valuable.COMPANION WEB SITE
Contains scripts and files to simplify and automate OpenView administration
Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458
© Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
I. NETWORK NODE MANAGER, CUSTOMER VIEWS, AND SERVICE INFORMATION PORTAL.
1. Introduction to Network Node Manager, Customer Views, and Service Information Portal.
2. Why Network and Systems Management Systems Fail.
3. Create a Deployment Plan.
4. Out-of-the-box Network Node Manager.
5. Network Discovery.
6. Customizing NNM from the GUI.
7. Advanced Customization.
8. Data Collection and Event Configuration.
9. Scalability and Distribution.
10. Customer Views.
11. Service Information Portal.
12. Introduction to OpenView Operations (OVO).
II. OPENVIEW OPERATIONS.
13. Out-of-the-box with HP OpenView Operations.
14. Agents, Policies and Distribution.
15. Smart Plug-Ins.
16. Built-in Performance Tools.
17. Server Administration.
18. Oracle for OpenView.
19. Enterprise Management Flexibility with Multiple Management Servers.
III. BEST PRACTICES.
21. Plan, Document, Take Corrective Actions, Administer Changes.
22. Troubleshooting Tools and Techniques.
IV. OPENVIEW OPERATIONS FOR WINDOWS.
23. Introducing OVO for Windows.
24. OVO Windows and OVO UNIX Interoperability.
25. OVOW Implementation Tasks.
Appendix A: OpenView Commands Quick Reference Guide.
Appendix B: Hostname Resolution.
Appendix C: Resources.