This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
YOUR COMPLETE GUIDE TO STRATEGY. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
The FT Guide to Strategy is your unbeatable reference on strategy. It offers an incisive overview of both corporate level and business unit level strategy, an A to Z of the world’s leading strategic thinkers and introduces the key strategic tools and techniques you need to develop your own strategy.
In one engaging read itleads you through each critical step in creating, delivering and understanding successful strategy. This is the smartest and most readable strategy guide available anywhere.
Table of Contents
Preface to the fourth edition
1. The use and abuse of strategy
2. A brief history of strategy
3. Swings in strategic thinking: seven phases
4. Towards a synthesis
5. From quick and dirty strategy to nearly perfect strategy
PART ONE: BUSINESS UNIT STRATEGY
A do-it-yourself guide
2. What businesses are you in?
3. Where do you make the money?
4. How good are your competitive positions?
5. What skills and capabilities underpin your success?
6. Is this a good industry to be in?
7. What do the customers think?
8. What about the competitors?
9. How do you raise profits quickly?
10. How do you build long term value?
12. Addition note on the theory of Business Unit Strategy
PART TWO: CORPORATE STRATEGY
1.The joy of Corporate Strategy
2. An ecological view of Corporate Strategy
3. Five dimensions of Corporate Strategy
4. The strange power of the 35 word strategy
PART THREE: STRATEGIC THINKERS
PART FOUR: STRATEGIC CONCEPTS, TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES