In this book, Dr. Scott A. Shane systematically helps businesses assess the pros and cons of the decision to franchise. This book focuses squarely on the issues and challenges faced by franchisors. Shane answers key questions such as: What do successful franchisors do differently from unsuccessful franchisors? Why do some companies in an industry choose to franchise while their competitors don't? How does the decision to franchise affect your ability to compete with firms that don't? For businesses that choose to move forward, Shane presents proven principles for every aspect of building a successful franchising system, including: recruiting, selecting, managing and supporting franchisees; establishing territories and pricing; managing expansion; and navigating the unique legal and institutional challenges of franchising.
1. Is Franchising Right for Your Industry?
2. The Advantages of Franchising.
3. The Disadvantages of Franchising.
4. What Business Concepts Can Be Franchised?
5. Policies for Successful Franchising.
6. Franchisee Support and Assistance.
7. Territorial Strategies.
8. Pricing Franchises.
9. Successful Franchise Expansion Strategies.
10. The Legal and Institutional Environment for Franchising.
11. Recruiting, Selecting, and Managing Franchisees.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.