Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Essential C# 5.0, 4th Edition
- Your Price: $38.39
- List Price: $47.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
- About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7" x 9-1/8"
- Pages: 1032
- Edition: 4th
- eBook (Watermarked)
- ISBN-10: 0-13-311787-1
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-311787-5
Essential C# 5.0 is a well-organized, no-fluff guide to the latest versions of C# for programmers at all levels of C# experience. Fully updated to reflect new features and programming patterns introduced with C# 5.0 and .NET 4.5, this guide shows you how to write C# code that is simple, powerful, robust, secure, and maintainable. Microsoft MVP Mark Michaelis and C# principal developer Eric Lippert provide comprehensive coverage of the entire language, offering a complete foundation for effective software development.
The authors illustrate key constructs with succinct, downloadable code examples. Graphical mind maps at the beginning of each chapter outline the material that is covered and how individual topics interrelate. This edition also includes C# Coding Guidelines that call attention to today’s best practices for writing C# code. Separate indexes of C# versions 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0 make it easy to find answers specific to whatever version of C# you are using.
Throughout, topics intended for beginners and advanced readers are clearly marked. If you’re new to C#, this guide will help you start writing significant code quickly. If you’re an experienced C# developer, you’ll gain insight into today’s most complex programming challenges and techniques as you master key C# 5.0 innovations such as async/await pattern. No matter how advanced your skills become, you’ll come to rely on this indispensable reference.
- Mastering C# data types, operators, control flow, methods, and parameters
- Making the most of C# object-oriented constructs, including classes, inheritance, interfaces, and more
- Building reliable, effective exception handling into your code
- Using generics, delegates, Lambda expressions, and events to reduce code complexity
- Learning dynamic programming with reflection and attributes
- Querying virtually any type of data using LINQ with Query Expressions
- Creating custom collections that operate against business objects
- Understanding the Common Language Infrastructure and C# in the context of the .NET 4.5 development platform
- Taking advantage of declarative programming, embedded metadata, reflection, and attributes
- Thoroughly mastering multithreading and synchronization, including the new async/await paradigm
- Discussion of WinRT and programming in C# for Windows 8
- Using P/Invoke, pointers, and direct memory manipulation to interoperate with code in other languages
- Understanding how C# programs relate to the underlying runtime
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- C# Async Fundamentals LiveLessons (Video Training), Downloadable
- Downloadable Video $79.99
- C# 5.0 Unleashed
- Book $47.99
- C# 5.0 Unleashed
- eBook (Watermarked) $38.39