Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Counter Hack: A Step-by-Step Guide to Computer Attacks and Effective Defenses
- By Edward Skoudis
- Published Jul 23, 2001 by Prentice Hall. Part of the Radia Perlman Series in Computer Networking and Security series.
- This product currently is not for sale.
- Copyright 2002
- Dimensions: K
- Pages: 592
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-13-033273-9
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-033273-8
The Next Generation Hacker Book
The step-by-step guide to defending against hacker intrusions!
- Defend against today's most powerful hacker attacks!
- Hands-on, step-by-step techniques for UNIX/Linux and Windows environments
- Intrusion detection: New evasion techniquesand countermeasures
- By the security expert who demonstrated hacking to the U.S. Senate!
This easy-to-use, step-by-step guide will empower network and system administrators to defend their information and computing assetswhether or not they have security experience. In Counter Hack, leading network security expert Edward Skoudis presents comprehensive, insider's explanations of today's most destructive hacker tools and tactics-and specific, proven countermeasures for both UNIX and Windows environments. Skoudis covers all this and more:
- Know your adversary: from script kiddies to elite attackers
- A hacker's view of networks, TCP/IP protocols, and their vulnerabilities
- Five phases of hacking: reconnaissance, scanning, gaining access, maintaining access, and preventing detection
- The most dangerous and widespread attack scenariosexplained in depth
- Key hacker tools: port scanners, firewall scanners, sniffers, session hijackers, RootKits, and more
- How hackers build elegant attacks from simple building blocks
- Detecting and preventing IP spoofing, covert channels, denial of service attacks, and other key attacks
- How hackers cover their tracksand how you can uncover their handiwork
- A preview of tomorrow's hacker tools, attacks, and countermeasures
Whatever your role in protecting network infrastructure and data, Counter Hack delivers proven solutions you can implement right nowand long-term strategies that will improve security for years to come.
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.
Other Things You Might Like
- Malware: Fighting Malicious Code
- Book $51.99