Complete Guide to Windows Server 2008, Rough Cuts, The
- Sorry, this book is no longer in print.
- About Rough Cuts
Rough Cuts are manuscripts that are developed but not yet published, available through Safari Books Online. Rough Cuts provide you access to the very latest information on a given topic and offer you the opportunity to interact with the author to influence the final publication.
Also available in other formats.
- Copyright 2008
- Dimensions: 7 X 9-1/4
- Pages: 1752
- Edition: 1st
- Rough Cuts
- ISBN-10: 0-321-51799-7
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-51799-9
This is a working draft of a pre-release book. It is available before the published date as part of the Rough Cuts service.
“This book is an invaluable one-stop reference for deploying, configuring, and managing Windows Server 2008. It’s filled with John’s unique and hard-earned nuggets of advice, helpful scripts, and shortcuts that will save you time and money.”
The Start-to-Finish, Comprehensive Windows Server 2008 Book for Every Working Administrator and Architect
To make the most of Windows Server 2008 in production environments, you need a deep understanding of its technical details. However, accurate and reliable information is scarce, and even most skilled Windows professionals don’t know Windows Server 2008 as well as they should. The Complete Guide to Windows Server 2008brings together more than 1,500 pages of practical Windows Server 2008 insight and in-depth knowledge that you can't find anywhere else, all based on final code. John Savill—one of the world’s most visible and trusted experts on Windows Server technology—specializes in helping real companies use Windows Server 2008 to run their businesses. His access to Microsoft’s product team as a Microsoft MVP and one of 50 elite “Windows Server 2008 Delta Force Rangers” benefited this book’s accuracy and value.
- Deployment planning, implementing, and managing new features, including Windows Server Core and Hyper-V virtualization
- Choosing the right installation and upgrade options for your environment
- Securing Windows Server 2008: authentication, authorization, BitLocker, certification services, and more
- Implementing TCP/IP, advanced network services, remote access, and thin-client Terminal Services
- Active Directory in depth, including Federated Services, Lightweight Directory Services, and Rights Management
- Providing high availability through Network Load Balancing and failover clustering
- Using Windows Deployment Services to quickly deploy multiple servers
- Supporting complex distributed environments with the Distributed File System
- Automating server management with PowerShell and the command prompt
- Integrating Windows Server 2008 with UNIX, Linux, and legacy NetWare servers
- Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 and Vista environments, including an intuitive “how to” index to quickly locate answers to commonly asked questions