- Copyright 2011
- Dimensions: 6" x 9"
- Pages: 312
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-321-74957-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-74957-4
- ISBN-10: 0-13-249084-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-13-249084-9
Having your own blog isn’t just for the nerdy anymore. Today, it seems everyone—from multinational corporations to a neighbor up the street—has a blog. They all have one, in part, because the folks at WordPress make it easy to have one. But to actually build a good blog—to create a blog people want to read—takes thought, planning, and some effort. From picking a theme and using tags to choosing widgets and building a community, creating your blog really starts after you’ve set it up.
In Building a WordPress Blog People Want to Read by blogger extraordinaire Scott McNulty, you’ll learn how to:
- Install and get your WordPress site running.
- Set up your site to ensure it can easily grow with you and your readers.
- Be the master of user accounts.
- Manage your site with the WordPress Dashboard and extend its capabilities with plug-ins.
- Make the most of images.
- Work with pages, templates, and links and—of course—publish your posts.
- Use custom post types and taxonomies to bend WordPress to your will.
- Deal with comments—if you even want readers commenting at all.
- Find a theme and make it your own.