Mobile Application Development & Programming
Build Windows 8 Apps with Microsoft Visual C++ Step by Step
- Your Price: $28.79
- List Price: $35.99
- Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
About eBook Formats
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
The popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Copyright 2013
- Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9"
- Pages: 374
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-7356-6890-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-7356-6890-4
Your hands-on, step-by-step guide to building Windows 8 apps with Microsoft Visual C++
Teach yourself how to build Windows 8 applications using the Visual C++ language—one step at a time. Ideal for those with intermediate to advanced C++ development skills, this tutorial provides practical, learn-by-doing exercises for creating apps that can adapt to different screen sizes—including desktop and laptop computers, tablets, and slates.
Discover how to:
- Build apps using Windows 8 design guidelines
- Explore the Windows 8 application architecture
- Apply tools and libraries from Microsoft Visual Studio and the Windows 8 SDK
- Use XAML to create touch-optimized user interfaces
- Create apps that make use of device sensors
- Manage the Windows 8 application lifecycle
- Prepare your app for the Windows Store
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Windows Store apps
- Chapter 2: Windows 8 user interface style
- Chapter 3: My first Windows 8 app
- Chapter 4: Application life-cycle management
- Chapter 5: Introduction to the Windows Runtime
- Chapter 6: Windows Runtime APIs
- Chapter 7: Enhance the user experience
- Chapter 8: Asynchronous patterns
- Chapter 9: Rethinking the UI for Windows 8 apps
- Chapter 10: Architecting a Windows 8 app
- About the authors
Unlimited one-month access with your purchase