This book teaches MATHEMATICA by showing common patters of usage. It shows how to find commands to solve particular problems, how to use MATHEMATICA interactively, manipulate expressions, write functions . . . import and export data. Contains lots of examples. MATHEMATICA is a widely used program for solving computational problems both in the academic and the professional world.
1. Introduction to Mathematica.
2. Numerical Capabilities.
3. Algebraic or Symbolic Capabilities.
5. Getting Around.
6. Lists, Matrices, and Vectors.
8. Data Types.
9. Wiring Functions.
10. Local Variable and Procedural Programming.
11. Pattern Matching.
12. Anonymous (Pure) Functions.
13. Traps, Pitfalls and Debugging.
14. Input and Output.
Answers to Exercises.