On August 20th, the father of C++, Bjarne Stroustrup led a Google On-Air Live Hangout event in which he talked about everything C++. The event was sponsored by InformIT, Pearson Education and the Google + C Plus Plus Community.
In this wide-ranging hangout, Bjarne speaks to the following topics:
- The largest issues facing the C++ community today
- Examples of excellent snippets of C++ Code
- Examples of not so great snippets of C++ Code
- The impact of C++ 14 on the programming community
- The reasons why C++ is named, C++
- The current implementation of Rust
- The current impact of Swift on Objective C
- The next edition of C Plus Plus, versions 17
- Implementations of standard libraries
- Varying sizes of coding vectors
- Modern uses of lamba functions
- Building universal hierarchies
- The correct way to utilize C++ 14 compiler’s
- C Plus Plus 14 classes and strings
In addition, Bjarne answers community questions for more than an hour and he dives into live on screen examples of C++ code to highlight how C++ 14 has simplified older complex tasks and how it has transformed a programming language many considered routed in the 1980’s to a coding platform more essential than ever.
Related Bjarne Stroustrup Articles on C++:
- Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++: Vectors and Arrays
- Preface to Bjarne Stroustrup's Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++, 2nd Edition
- Preface to Bjarne Stroustrup's "A Tour of C++"
- Preface to Bjarne Stroustrup's "The C++ Programming Language, 4th Edition"
- High-Performance Applications with C++: Video Podcast Transcript
- Bjarne Stroustrup InformIT Product Page
- InformIT Google +
- InformIT Twitter
- Pearson Ed Google +
- Bjarne Stroustrup Home Page
- Google + C++ Community Page