Day 12 of #17DaysofGiveaways - Mobile Programming Week
For the twelfth day of giveaways, we are giving three winners an eBook copy of iOS Prgramming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide, 3E by Joe Conway and Aaron Hillegass. These two instructors from the Big Nerd Ranch lead you through the essential concepts, tools, and techniques for developing iOS applications in this version updated and expanded to cover iOS 5 and Xcode 4.3.
Topics covered in the book include:
- Xcode 4.3, Instruments, and Storyboards
- ARC, strong and weak references, and retain cycles
- Interfacing with iCloud
- Handling touch events and gestures
- Tool bars, navigation controllers, and split view controllers
- Localization and Internationalization
- Block syntax and use
- Background execution and multi-tasking
- Saving/loading data: Archiving and Core Data
- Core Location and Map Kit
- Communicating with web services
- Working with XML, JSON, and NSRegularExpression
- Using the Model-View-Controller-Store design pattern
Rules: You may have up to four entries.
1. Be an InformIT fan on Facebook
2. Follow us @InformIT on Twitter
3. Retweet InformIT’s daily twitter post containing “#17daysofgiveaways” and a link to the Giveaway blog post
4. Post a link to the giveaway on your personal blog
Comment on this post to let us know how many entries you have accumulated. Indicate if you are a fan on Facebook, a follower on Twitter, if you have retweeted, and a link to your blog. (For Facebook and Twitter, no need to re-like or re-follow each day, just confirm that you are still a fan/follower!) Every day we will be giving away the prize to three randomly selected entrants. More entries raise your chances of winning. Your comment must be posted by midnight, EST. We will create a list of every entrant, and you may have your name on the list up to four times. Each entry will be numbered in ascending order according to order of comments on the blog, and winners will be selected using random.org. Winners will be notified with a comment from me containing my email address and instructions for claiming your prize. You may only win once each day, but you may win more than once throughout the month.
Number of entries: ___
Fan on Facebook? Y/N ___
Follower on Twitter? Y/N ___ Your Twitter handle: ____________________
Retweeted? Y/N ___
Posted link on personal blog? Y/N ___ Link to your blog: _________________________
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS GIVEAWAY WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW.
Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. The "17 Days of Giveaways” ("Giveaway") will begin at 12:01 am Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on July 9, 2012 ("Giveaway Start Date"), and ends at 11:59 pm EDT each weekday through July 31, 2012 ("Giveaway Period"). InformIT is an imprint of Pearson Education. Giveaway is sponsored by Pearson Education, Inc., One Lake Street, Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458 ("Sponsor") who is solely responsible for all aspects of this Giveaway.Eligibility: The Giveaway is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia ("U.S.") only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to U.S. law. All online entrants must have a valid email address. Limit four (4) entries per person.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Become an InformIT Member
Take advantage of special member promotions, everyday discounts, quick access to saved content, and more! Join Today.
Other Things You Might Like
- Marketing and Sales Analytics: Proven Techniques and Powerful Applications from Industry Leaders
- Managing Supply Chain Networks: Building Competitive Advantage In Fluid And Complex Environments