Creating Basic Reports with the SAP Query Tool
In this chapter
- The SAP Query Tool 24
- Creating a Basic List Query by Using the SAP Query Tool 24
- Reviewing the Options on Each of the Five Basic Screens 30
- Modifying an SAP Query 37
- Saving a Query 38
- Maintaining Queries 38
The SAP Query Tool
The SAP Query tool, in its standard form, is designed so that an end user with no technical skills can create a report from scratch. It has five basic screens that an end user can go through to create a report. Each of the screens performs a function, and the end user can navigate between the screens by using navigational arrows on the Application toolbar. These are the five basic screens:
- Title, Format (Screen 1)—You use this screen to give a report a name.
- Select Field Group (Screen 2)—You use this screen to select the field groups that contain fields you want to include in your report.
- Select Field (Screen 3)—You use this screen to select the fields from the field groups you want to include in your report.
- Selections (Screen 4)—You use this screen to add any additional fields to your report's selection screen to further specify your report output upon execution.
- Basic List Line Structure (Screen 5)—You use this screen to define what you want the report to look like.