Fundamentals of Six Sigma
- 1.1 What Is Six Sigma?
- 1.2 Roles in a Six Sigma Organization
- 1.3 Statistics and Six Sigma
- 1.4 Learning Statistics for Six Sigma Using This Book
After reading this chapter, you will be able to
- Know what the acronym DMAIC stands for.
- Understand the difference between the role of a Six Sigma green belt, black belt, and master black belt.
- Understand the role of statistics in Six Sigma management.
Six Sigma management is a quality improvement system originally developed by Motorola in the mid-1980s. Six Sigma offers a prescriptive and systematic approach to quality improvement and places a great deal of emphasis on accountability and bottom-line results. Many companies all over the world use Six Sigma management to improve efficiency, cut costs, eliminate defects, and reduce product variation.