- Key Terms
- Introduction (22.214.171.124)
- Hierarchical Network Design Overview (1.1)
- Cisco Enterprise Architecture (1.2)
- Cisco Enterprise Architecture Model (1.2.2)
- Evolving Network Architectures (1.3)
- Emerging Network Architectures (1.3.2)
- Summary (1.4)
- Check Your Understanding Questions
Check Your Understanding Questions
Complete all the review questions listed here to test your understanding of the topics and concepts in this chapter. The appendix, “Answers to the ‘Check Your Understanding’ Questions,” lists the answers.
What are the four structured design principles?
- Availability, flexibility, modularity, and security
- Availability, hierarchy, modularity, quality of service (QoS)
- Flexibility, hierarchy, modularity, resiliency
- Flexibility, modularity, resiliency, and security
- Hierarchy, quality of service (QoS), resiliency, and security
- Hierarchy, modularity, resiliency, and security
- Modularity, quality of service (QoS), resiliency, and security
Which layer of the hierarchical network design model is often called the backbone?
Which network architecture combines individual components to provide a comprehensive solution allowing people to cooperate and contribute to the production of something?
- Cisco Collaboration Architecture
- Cisco Enterprise Campus Architecture
- Cisco Enterprise Branch Architecture
- Cisco Enterprise Data Center Architecture
- Cisco Borderless Network Architecture
- Cisco Enterprise Teleworker module
At which layer of the hierarchical network model do users connect to the network?
Which two statements regarding the Cisco AnyConnect software are true? (Choose two.)
- It is part of the borderless end-point/user services.
- It is part of the borderless network services.
- It is used to connect any device to the network.
- It is used to connect from anywhere.
- It is used to connect without an Internet connection.
- It is used to establish a secure, persistent, policy-based connection.
Which three devices are found in the access layer of the hierarchical network model? (Choose three.)
- Firewall appliance
- Layer 2 switch
- Layer 3 switch
- Modular multilayer switch
- VoIP phones
- Wireless access point
Which two statements correctly describe a collapsed core network design? (Choose two.)
- Also called a two-tier hierarchical network design
- Also called a three-tier hierarchical network design
- Consists of the access layer and distribution layer in one device
- Consists of the access layer and core layer in one device
- Consists of the distribution and core layer in one device
Which goal can be accomplished by implementing the Cisco enterprise teleworker module?
- It allows the enterprise to add large branch sites that span geographic areas.
- It allows the enterprise to deliver secure voice and data services to workers no matter where or when they work.
- To reduce remote security threats, it forces users who are located at main sites to log on to resources.
- It satisfies telephony requirements for users who are located at medium to large enterprise sites.
What should be considered first when starting the network design?
- Connectivity to the data center
- Connectivity to the branch site
- Protocols required
- Size of the network
- Type of security implemented
- Type of applications
Which network architecture functions through a combination of technologies that include wired, wireless, security, and more?
- Cisco Borderless Network
- Cisco Enterprise Branch
- Cisco Enterprise Campus
- Cisco Enterprise Edge
- Cisco Enterprise Teleworker
What does the application and device layer of the Cisco Collaboration Architecture do?
- It contains applications such as Cisco WebEx Meetings, Cisco Jabber, and TelePresence to help users stay connected and productive.
- It is responsible for allowing collaboration anytime, from anywhere, on any device.
- It supports collaboration applications with presence, location, session management, contact management, client frameworks, tagging, and policy and security management.