- 1. Understand the Difference Between a Google+ Page and a Google+ Profile
- 2. Sign Up with the Right Google Account
- 3. Create a Photo Scrapbook that Promotes Your Brand or Business
- 4. Connect Your Google+ Page with Your Website
- 5. Connect Your Google+ Page with AdWords
- 6. Connect and Communicate with Your Audience
In November 2011, Google launched Google+ Pages, which enable businesses, brands, and organizations to create a presence on the Google+ network. Within a week, more than 60 percent of the world's top brands had created a Google+ page to take advantage of the online visibility and SEO benefits that pages provide, with many smaller organizations quickly following suit. In this article, I offer six tips to help you make the most of your Google+ page.
1. Understand the Difference Between a Google+ Page and a Google+ Profile
At first, the difference between a Google+ page and a Google+ profile seems pretty clear. A profile is for an individual person; and a page is for a business, brand, or organization. In addition, Google+ identifies pages with the Google+ Pages icon, which displays to the right of the page name, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1 Google identifies pages with a square icon.
When you pause your mouse over the square grey icon, it changes color and displays the word "page" next to it.
There are other more important differences between pages and profiles, however. Figure 2 offers a quick overview of these differences.
Figure 2 Google+ pages and profiles have some distinct differences.
Understanding what you canand can'tdo with a Google+ page is critical to your page's success. This knowledge makes it easier to develop a solid Google+ page strategy and to integrate your page with the profiles of those who work for your company.