In this chapter, you’ll learn how to use your MacBook to manage your contacts, calendars, and appointments, including:
- Adding contacts to Address Book
- Organizing contacts into groups
- Connecting to enterprise contact servers
- Creating calendars in iCal
- Adding appointments to calendars
- Inviting contacts to meetings
- Connecting to network calendar servers
Part of the pleasure of owning a MacBook is that you don’t need to sit at a desk to get work done. In a portable workspace, however, you still need to interact with coworkers and manage meetings, appointments, and deadlines.
Snow Leopard gives you the tools to organize contacts and tie into enterprise personnel directory systems. It also works with your company’s scheduling system to track calendars, meeting invitations, and even to-do items. In this chapter, you learn about Address Book and iCal—your MacBook’s personal information management utilities.